Wednesday 25 January 2012

Heartbeatgoa.memories -Coffee at Goa's Marliz in Margao - Pandu Lampiao

I went to Marliz for their good ole plum cake.......and the chap fromCarnataka (till he opened his bouche, I though he was amcho Goicho)told me, ' ye bewda ke saat aachha laagta haai". Drunk at noon too, hewas this chap.*sigh* I was told Marliz has been sold and someone from upcountry isthe new owner. There were no customers (Sol-sette aunties) and noflies either. In my quest for the best Sol-sette plum cake, I did makeinquiries and its a fair bus ride away from Margao (no I ain'ttelling, you don't mind no). In the good old days, the whole area around Marliz was thick with theplum cake aroma, the smell of burnt cake paper! Aside from their patties, their chocolate roll cake was a short cut tosinful heaven!!! Not to mention their uncomfortable wrought ironchairs where well-fed Sol-sette aunties sat ackward trying to keeptheir balance and the parties going directly from plate-to-mouth!! Where patties go, good old Cajlin in the Cansaulim market is gone aswell (a few years ago...still around but...). Their prawn patties weresoft and flaky (no, I am not referring to the pompous posting Pedrofrom Mississauga), spicy to let one one stream of sweat and sweetonion and subtle saltiness of the prawn. Apparently the children aredoing well in some place called the Goulf!!!

No comments: